11 PLANT BASED PROTEIN FOODS FOR WEIGHT LOSS PLUS FIGHTING DISEASE
Protein foods are essential for a healthy and balanced diet. A protein food comes from lot of variety of foods. One of which is Plant based protein foods. This is the most misunderstood protein food. People feel pant based protein foods are unable to consume but this is not the fact. It is a myth. In fact it reduces diseases as well.
Below are 11 plant base protein food:-
- Pumpkin seeds –A cup of Pumpkin seeds contains 12 grams of protein. They are high in healthy fats, magnesium, zinc and lysine.
- Quinoa – Quinoa is the most favourite among people. Celebrities do eat up quinoa as their meals as it serves 8 grams of protein per serving. It is one of the ancient grains and is highly popular due to complete inclusion of amino acids and is also very accessible then other plant based protein foods.
- Hemp Seeds – Hemp seeds also known as Marijuana seeds are high in protein. They are produced from hemp plant. Hemp seeds are allergy free as well then other seeds.
- Natto – Natto is a Japanese food made from fermented soybeans which is often eaten as a breakfast food. In Japan, Natto is the most famous especially in eastern regions.
- Tempeh – In Japan its Natto hence in Indonesia its Tempeh. This is an Indonesian soybean. It provides 18 grams of protein per serving.
- Black Beans – Black beans are the common protein foods we all eat. They are easily available in the market and provides for 15 grams of protein per serving.
- Amaranth – Again this is also considered as an ancient grain which is gluten free. They are an amazing source of nutrition as well.
- Green Peas – We all know what a green pea is. We consume it in our daily diets. They are rich in protein and serves 9 grams per serving. They are one of the high fiber foods.
- Spirulina – Spirulina is a form of algae protein powder. It looks little weird but has some amazing benefits to curb disease like HIV, AIDS and Cancer prevention.
- Nutritional Yeast – We all know what yeast is but this isn’t the same yeast that is used in baking breads. It can be used like condiments and herbs.
- Lentils – Lentils are a powerhouse of protein. They are the edible pulses and provide 18 grams of protein per serving.
Eating up these plant based protein will not only help you lose weight but fight diseases as well such as -
- Eating plant based protein food can also help prevent heart and coronary diseases. Unprocessed plant based food can be more helpful.
- Weight loss as is one of the factors which can be achieved through plant based protein foods as we discussed above.
- Inflammation disease is a cause for most of the diseases. Plant based protein food helps reduce inflammation which can help prevent several diseases.
- Plant based protein foods can also lower the risk of diabetes which is one of the most common diseases in the world. It is also helpful to reduce blood pressure and cholesterol.
Now this is what we call as useful information. I hope this helps.