L-Carnitine vs Acetyl L-Carnitine
What is L–Carnitine?
It is an amino acid which is also termed as carnitine which is one of the supplements which aids to weight loss. This supplement is mainly used to lose weight but it can serve the purpose for multiple functions as well. It helps in transforming those fat cells and fatty acids into production of energy while helping to lose weight. It helps your body convert that fat into energy which is also known as fat oxidation. L-carnitine is obtained or formed by eating meat or flesh. Hence vegetarians and vegans can have an issue producing these amino acids and obtain enough of this nutrient.
What is Acetyl L-Carnitine?
It is a type of L-Carnitine which is also referred to as ALCAR. It is most effective form for the brain as it can repair or used to treat brain conditions like Alzheimer’s disease. It is also an amino acid which helps in building proteins in the body naturally which further boosts the energy levels. It is also used to treat infertility in mens and diseases in private parts of male organ. This acid is made in the kidneys as well as livers. It is mostly present in dairy products as well as red meat and lamb meat.
Benefits of L-Carnitine
L-Carnitine has many benefits. They are as follows:-
- As we know L-Carnitine helps reducing weight loss. It turns a fatty acid into energy and boost health levels. It helps loss weight to all obese, younger individuals and elderly people as well.
- L-Carnitine can also help repair lot of brain diseases. It helps protect brain from damage of cell. This is the most unknown benefit of all.
- It not only reduces weight but a blood pressure too. Yes, this amino acid also helps reducing blood pressure and all the other inflammatory issues which are related to heart disease. People who have taken this supplement have felt reduced blood pressure which is an indicator of most heart related problems. It has also helped improve coronary heart diseases and chronic heart failure.
- Muscle recovery is also one of the factors that are benefitted from this supplement. It can increase oxygen supply to the muscles and help recover during the course of exercise. This supplement intake can also help reduce muscle soreness after a hectic workout or exercise. Exercise can sometimes make a muscle tear or sore and this supplement just helps vanish that.
- It also helps in maintaining and improving blood sugar in diabetes and such other associated diseases. It has been helpful in improving the symptoms of type 2 diabetes as well.
Benefits of Acetyl L-Carnitine
Acetyl L-Carnitine has equal benefits as L-Carnitine. They are as follows:-
- This supplement helps in circulation of brain and heart. It is essential for a person to obtain proper functioning of brain and heart.
- It also helps people deal with diabetes, heart disease, vascular disease as well as alcoholism.
- It also acts to treat the rare disease known as facial paralysis.
- These supplements are mostly produced in body by its own but yet there are people who still lack such acid in body such as prematurely born babies or people with genetic defects.
- It is a naturally found compound in the body which also treats Down syndrome as well as depression in elders.
- This compound is required by liver and kidneys and other body tissues as well to function effectively. It is even helpful to a person dealing with cataract.
Difference between L-Carnitine and Acetyl L-Carnitine
The two words though sound similar but are very different in nature. Below stated are the differences between the two.
- L-Carnitine usually helps the body to convert fat into energy after the exercise, its supplement are usually taken to reduce weight whereas the Acetyl L-Carnitine is a type of L-Carnitine which helps blood brain barrier to energize the brain.
- Though both are amino acids but they work differently in the body. These both have varied roles to play and are different forms all together. The former supplement is usually used by bodybuilders and athletes; the latter is an effective blood brain barrier.
- L-Carnitine helps muscle recovery and exercise recovery after a workout. The Acetyl L-Carnitine helps to repair the overall brain health and its functioning due to its acetylcholine features.
- If you are looking to lose weight naturally L-Carnitine is very useful whereas if you want to treat the nervous system Acetyl L-Carnitine will work well.
These two compound supplements work differently on different parts of body and have really different features. Though the latter one is a form of the former supplement but due to acetyl added to the latter group the latter one has different properties. Both have their benefits as well as side effects as the coin always have two sides’ pros and cons.
Which is more beneficial L-Carnitine or Acetyl L-Carnitine?
It is hard to tell as to which carnitine is more beneficial as both have different properties and work in different way. These two compounds are different in nature and hence can’t be compared. While L-Carnitine works to convert fatty acid into energy while the Acetyl L-Carnitine plays a role in providing energy for blood cells due to its acetyl properties. Both the products are used for different parts of body and at different times. One factor can be assumed to choose which carnitine is better than the other by the purpose its serves to the body and for the purpose the product would be used.
Both the Carnitines are very useful and serve vital function to the human body and have different properties. The dosage of both the supplements may differ on several factors like needs of the human body as well as age bar. One can take both the supplements in the same day but at different time zones. Also the dosage should be consumed as prescribed by the physician and not otherwise. The supplements may also have side effects as well if not taken with proper care. The person may feel irritated and agitated during the course of the day without even much big reason. It is always advisable to consume supplements as per the prescription rather than without it and also as per the need of the body.